Friday 25 April 2014

Mile For Muscles 2014.

On the 25th August 2013 living with Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy I walked a 'Mile for Muscles' for The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.

This year I plan to do it again, Bigger and Better!





In August 2014 I will be walking not one but two miles for muscles. I plan to recreate last years triumph in Buckinghamshire and also a new challenge in Leeds.

Once again I will start at Stoke Mandeville stadium, the Birthplace of the Paralympic Movement and hopefully finish this leg of the walk in my local pub.
The start of the journey.

Part two of my challenge will be in Leeds. I'm a huge Leeds fan and plan to walk a mile to watch my beloved Leeds United at Elland Road.
I'd like to raise awareness and vital funds for Conrads DMD, a family based in Pontefract who live with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Everything raised will go to the Duchenne research fund to help every family affected by Duchenne in the UK.
Some of Conrad's family are also Leeds fans and you can read about Conrad's fight here
Marching On Together!

This year I will be asking people to walk with me. I have already started the ball rolling with this and the reaction has been amazing! Within minutes of sending a few text messages the replies came flooding in from family, friends and fellow Leeds fans that have already been part of team orange in 2014.

So family and friends that run the Virgin Money London Marathon, their families and our very own 'make today count' skydiver; Lucie will be walking with me to give me the best support possible.

This may not sound like much but a great marathon runner once said to me that every physical challenge is relative to that persons ability and I've just been advised by my G.P. that I should definitely be walking aided and with apparatus.

This year I'm doubling last years distance so two sessions of 1 Mile… 5,280 feet, 1,760 yards, or about 1,609 metres will be without doubt the biggest challenge of my life.



Fancy a walk in August? Get Involved!

Follow me @hywoodmartin and The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign @TargetMD on twitter.

#TeamOrange
#MileForMuscles

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are reading this article right now, you are probably debating on whether or not you should have a website designed for you. We will tell you right now, having a site designed for you will do a lot of good for your business and here's why. Testosterone booster reviews

    ReplyDelete